For your advanced portfolio you have to produce a promotional package for a contemporary album of your choice which includes the following 3 media texts;
- A music video of a song from your chosen album (video : the main task)
- A CD Digipack design for your chosen album (print : the first ancillary task)
- A music magazine advertisement for your chosen album (print : the second ancillary task)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work in a group?
- No. You have to work individually.
What does contemporary mean when choosing an album?
- For the purposes of this task 'contemporary' means released from June 2010 onwards.
Can I choose any album from June 2010 onwards for the focus of my coursework?
- No. You need to choose an album by an artist who is relatively unknown. We will discuss what this means at a later point in time.
What is a CD Digipack?
- Don't worry. We will research about this in due course.
I have already decided on my album. Is that OK?
- No. Undecide quickly. You will not be asked to make a decision regarding your album choice until we have undertaken the research stages to the coursework.
I don't know how to use Adobe Photoshop. Will this mean I am disadvantaged when it comes to producing the two ancillary tasks?
- No. You will be shown how to use Adobe Photoshop when required. However, all of the PC's and Mac's have this programme available for you to use and it would be a good idea to try to learn a little more about how it works independently.