Independent Research: Initial Audience Research




















Jordan Jackson is 17 years old and is a typical fan of Jack Johnson's style of music. He is outgoing and very social and always takes up any opportunities to go to a festival or surfing. He lives in Hawaii and is pretty much a 'surfer dude'. 

Music is Jordan's get away and provides him with wholesomeness and joy that can only be experienced through his style. His main tastes in music are alternative, acoustic and indie-rock, preferring more peculiar and un-established artists such as City and Colour, Threads or Miniature Tigers. 

He enjoys lots of activities, including surfing, ranging from basketball to reading. Everything about Jordan is lively, even his hair! He makes an effort to impress everyone around him and gives good vibes and impressions.

The reason that I chose this method of producing this is because it was simple and effective and also worked because I knew that a typical fan of Jack Johnson would most likely be someone from the same area and the people that attend the Kokua festival. As well as this, I assumed that a surfer would also be a good idea because of Jack Johnson's interests and movies. This will then help me because it shows me what sort of people would listen to the music and how I can further promote it. Furthermore it also allows me to determine some conventions that I could use for my music video as it gives me an idea of what that sort of fan would like to see.