This task was set so that the pupils could test out the green screen for the first time and create a short piece from previous footage. We imported the media files into Premiere Pro and then we placed the TV studio footage into the timeline.
This was the beginning of overlaying the footage, placing video/audio files on top of each other, on the timeline. I then used an 8-point garbage matte to reduce the size of the green screen and to eliminate any shadows or unwanted extra space around Mr. Henton. The problem with this is that, to eliminate the space I had to go through the whole footage as Mr. Henton moves and this made it harder to get the right space as I might have cut parts off by accident. Also it is important for the green screen to be crease free because, as I used ultra key to get rid of the colour and fully place Mr. Henton in the background of the TV studio, there is an outline of where the creases were and this is a problem when filming, so is any unwanted shadows or highlights.
This, again, is what I have done above but I have used Ellie to represent Adele and eliminated any footage that has Adele. I had to select the footage that I wanted to use, as before, and overlay Ellie lip syncing over the top. There is the same problem as before because of the creases which are visible on this piece of footage too. The lip syncing also had to be perfect so that the piece didn't look fake.
This is a screenshot of the effects control. As you can see, there is the 8-point garbage matte and also the ultra key. To get the colour I simply used the pipette and it got rid of the green and placed either Ellie or Mr. Henton in the background. Also in this control I could play around with the opacity, contrast, exposure and levels of the footage and make it more visually interesting. I haven't in this particular piece because it was a task to focus on using the green screen.
This is another screenshot go the beginning of Ellie being used as the singer.
In this shot I have used multiple pieces of footage from the Adele track and placed them behind Ellie. As well as this I have used dip to black so that the footage flowed more smoothly and didn't look to fast. I didn't want jumping shots where it changed from one section to another, I preferred to have a smooth and consistent piece.

This is the first time I rendered the entire work area to see how smoothly it went. I then found out that Mr. Henton appeared before the TV studio, so I added a transition so that it matched and then further edited the piece by adding more clips from the original video.
This is the further editing that I have done and the pace picks up towards the end of the piece. This makes it more interesting as the clips match the sound pace and dynamics.

This is the final rendering process.
Below is the final product;
I may be able to use these skills in my own product as I have gained experience of using the green screen and this could be something in further, as well as developing the use of lip syncing. I would like to test different backgrounds for the green screen and to see what other effects I can use to heighten the interest of my actual product.





