Track Title: Ones and Zeroes.
Director's Name: John Panther.
Using both elements of performance and narrative, in an amplifying way - derived when looking at You Me At Six 'Room To Breathe' due to the use of silhouettes. I plan to use the same effect, overlaying of footage, as well as the black and white effect. In addition to this the actor will be lip syncing. Within the silhouette, there will be appropriate footage that amplifies/illustrates the ideas posed in the lyrics e.g. 'black hole' instead - stargazing as it gives an impression of similar meaning. I also plan to use multiple angles and movements so that it heightens the interest of the footage including dynamic views of the actor as well. At certain points there will be a pull towards the centre of the silhouette so that the other footage is panned and made clearer - zooming out again when suitable. I also intend to play around with the exposure/contrast and brightness levels, including white spots or flashes. - GENERAL IDEA.
TREATMENT
In the song 'Ones and Zeroes' I get the impression of summer bliss as it is quite peaceful and relaxed/chill music. The acoustic guitar gives the feel of calm and serene, adding to the overall summer feeling as it is a time to drop everything and relax. In my music video, I would like to also give this impression/feeling and to do this I will have the actor singing into a mic with their eyes closed so that it seems as though they are picturing the summer and the time they are going to have. This is going to also be portrayed by the inclusion of images in the silhouettes, which, will be of forest landscape and scenery to support this idea of relaxation.
![]() |
| General feeling I get from the song. |
This is a YouTube video that features a lot of different, amazing nature scenery. These are the sort of images I wish to include in my own video, but some things I won't be able to get and others will be difficult to obtain as these are taken from places all over the world. However, I plan to use calm and serene environments so that it adds to the overall feeling of the song.
![]() |
| This is the sort of image, or footage, that I would like for the beginning. |
At the start of the music video there will be a slight intro where a black screen will appear with the title of the song and the artist. This will then fade whence the footage enters. The footage will be of the actor, portraying the artist, lip syncing and this will be done using a Black and White effect with a white background and the silhouette of the actor will be created, with footage of stars on the inside. Similar to the screenshot of 'Room To Breathe' below;
![]() |
| You Me At Six - 'Room To Breathe' still image. |
![]() |
| Gif of 'Room To Breathe'. |
As mentioned before, You Me At Six incorporate a lot of different effects in their music videos and their videos consist of more performance based footage. Here is the official site to go too.
I really would like to envisage the music video being quite relaxing and something that is interesting due to the effects I plan to use. There will be effects (silhouettes, black and white, sepia etc.) throughout the video and I would like at points for it to just be the actor, inside images fading out. This is because there are certain lyrics where I won't be able to add images for and then there is also an element of performance in the video that will add to the overall feeling.
I would also like to use certain movements/shots and angles e.g. mid-shot and panning. This is because, in the mid-shot, you will be able to see the actors face clearly and see the emotion they portray as well as seeing parts of their body for the silhouettes to be in. However, at points I would like to include close-ups and extreme close-ups of the actors eyes, where the footage can be overlaid and overlapped, to heighten interest. The reason that I would like to include panning is because the footage on the inside can be seen in greater depth this way and can also be wider.
![]() |
| Eye photograph with reflections - sort of thing I will be aiming towards. Yet not as complicated as this. Setting will need to be super-macro. |
As for the costume of the actor, I haven't really decided yet but I intend to go with something basic, either black jeans and jacket with a white shirt or plain colours as it doesn't matter due to the black and white effect that will be put on afterwards. I plan to not use logo's as they will be reversed and then the footage will be a waste.




