During this session, we were given a challenge to create a short piece of film using the song 'Wings' by Mackelmore. We created this using the actual footage from the song but in our own interpretations, as well as adding any transitions that were appropriate. We were also given the opportunity to play around with any audio/video effects but I haven't used any in the making of my piece. The point of the task was to refresh our skills on Premiere Pro and also learn new ones whilst editing.
| Evidence of myself using APP on the Mac. |
Below is the video I created;
My skills have developed whilst performing this task as I now have the know-how to use lip sync. This posed a real challenge for me as I have never done it before and to get the timing on-point is extremely difficult. If the footage is out by a millisecond, the matching is wrong, then the film will fail. Also I have learnt to drag video/audio clips on their own, rather than as a whole. There are two icons underneath the clip that is showing where you can drag video/audio singularly. Furthermore, I have managed to use my time effectively to produce this outcome so my skills have developed by becoming faster as I get used to APP (Adobe Premiere Pro).
However, I think that some of the timing is out in places, although this is on purpose I would prefer to make the action match the sound better. In addition, the clips don't necessarily match the pace of the sound and therefore it looks OK, but not the outcome that I would have hoped for. In contrast though, I used transitions which I have used before that look more sophisticated e.g. 'Dip to Black'.
By learning these things and noticing the mistakes I have made, it will help me in future to improve and develop skills whilst learning new ones simultaneously. For example, I now know how important lip sync is and how effective it looks when done properly and it is also something that I would like to develop to improve my skills.