To produce the storyboard for my music video, I plan to compose an animatic (a video consisting of images and music). This will include all of my initial ideas through the use of sketches and also when I plan to use them in the music video. An example of an animatic music video is '5 - 4' by the Gorillaz. Below is the video.
This is a professional example of an animatic and producing something similar would be difficult due to resources and skill. However, there are examples of students work online and also how they have produced their animatics. These are A-level students, like myself, so I can see the quality that I need to produce. Here is an example of a storyboard that has been produced for a 3 minute short film;
![]() |
| Shots 1-6. |
![]() |
| Shots 7-12. |
In total there are 62 shots for this video so I should be aiming for something longer as 'Ones and Zeroes' is 4:29. This means there should be roughly 100 shots. However, some shots might be longer than others and there may be fast paced shots, therefore it all depends on the type of shots I choose to add in. I can also see how simple these are but yet they are clear and present to the audience the directors intention. Also, the drawings include the shots that are presented e.g. two-shot (number 5). In addition, when I produce my storyboard, I will write the shots, angles and movements (if applicable) and also any titles.
Screencrush is a very useful site as it includes 15 movies and their storyboarding process including Star Wars, Psycho and Forrest Gump. This is useful because it helps me to see what to include and how to give a clear portrayal for my own video.

