I know that both ambient and natural light can cause problems for filming and I need to be able to control this so that the footage doesn't look too exposed or have distorted colouring due to the lights. To be able to do this, I think I am most likely going to film in the theatre one day after school so that I can control the levels of lighting and also to ensure that the footage will look right. I have decided to do this because natural light changes throughout the day due to weather and passing of time, so this could cause a problem if I am filming for more than a couple of hours. Also, with ambient light I can add light spots as this is something I want to try out and it will be on my blog as a test before the actual filming. Furthermore, I can control the level of lighting and keep it constant to ensure that the footage looks the same and there is no sudden changes to the levels of contrast. In addition, I can adjust the lighting so that I am able to test out colour effects e.g. blue, red or green.
I also need to consider that there will, most probably, be a white screen behind the actor, therefore the lighting levels will be shifted and can possibly make certain areas too expose. However, I can edit this later in Premiere Pro by changing levels and brightness. Also, if there are things that become too obscure because of the lighting, I should be able to adjust this in Premiere Pro using the Video Effects menu.
I also need to consider that there will, most probably, be a white screen behind the actor, therefore the lighting levels will be shifted and can possibly make certain areas too expose. However, I can edit this later in Premiere Pro by changing levels and brightness. Also, if there are things that become too obscure because of the lighting, I should be able to adjust this in Premiere Pro using the Video Effects menu.
![]() |
| An example of a black and white photograph with colour spots. Not too overwhelming and looks professional - something else I intend to test. |
![]() |
| An example of light spots and how they look. This photograph is too much and hopefully, when I come to do it there will be less light spots. |

