I know that, by looking at the lighting post, there will be colour spots as a potential idea and also that it will most likely be edited so that the footage is in greyscale OR black & white. By taking this into account, I don't want clothing that will have any sort of bright colouring or even logos. They can cause problems if the colouring doesn't match the rest of the editing, when the black & white effects are added. I will most likely consider something simple for the actor to wear. I also need to ensure that what the actor is wearing will fit the genre of music, otherwise it will appear strange to the audience. An example of this would be to have the actor wearing leather and piercings - more of a rock genre than country/folk/acoustic. By looking at Jack Johnson's video's, I can see that he normally wears a plain T-shirt and plain shorts. However, as I will be filming in winter, this could cause a problem. I will keep the plain shirt but I may have the actor wearing trousers. However, I do think that the idea of a shirt will work as it could be used over the top of a plain T-shirt and this will be expected by the audience.
For example;
![]() |
| The shirt will have the top 2 buttons undone - ensuring that it looks more relaxed and also that it doesn't appear too formal. |
![]() |
| Black trousers so that it looks quite simple and there will be no sharp colours when filming. |
This will be quite a good outfit for the actor to wear as it is simple and I can make it appear relaxing and also there are no bright colours that will need to be adjusted when it comes to filming. This means that there will be less pressure when it comes to the editing process and also the lighting will not be too harsh against the clothes as they are plain.
Another possible idea would be for the actor to be wearing black/blue jeans with a plain t-shirt. However, this probably wouldn't matter because the colour of the shirt will not be seen after the editing process - but it does look more relaxing and the actor may be more chilled. This then supports the genre of music. Although, taking this into account, I will most likely go with the above option as it is more simple and there will be no colour adjustments that need to be made to the clothing. Also, it will look more professional as long as the actor feels comfortable. I will also have them wearing plain black shoes too so that it keeps the simplicity of the design.
I also need to take into account that there will be a second costume for the male - ordinary casual wear. This is because it is to show times in his life and it needs to be comfortable and also quite fun, so I will use the actors actual clothes for this. This will possibly include logos but this will not matter too much. The female will be the same and there may be other actors yet for certain shots, however, this is something that is not yet decided. Also, this ties in with my target audience as it is more casual and something expected.
![]() |
| Plain black shoes with no pattern or nothing distinct about them - keeps simplicity. |
I also need to take into account that there will be a second costume for the male - ordinary casual wear. This is because it is to show times in his life and it needs to be comfortable and also quite fun, so I will use the actors actual clothes for this. This will possibly include logos but this will not matter too much. The female will be the same and there may be other actors yet for certain shots, however, this is something that is not yet decided. Also, this ties in with my target audience as it is more casual and something expected.
![]() |
| This is an example of casual wear for a male. |
![]() |
| Casual wear for women. |




